There are three main areas of the screen which you’ll be using to navigate through GoServicePro:
- The Header – This section contains quick access icons for frequently used parts of the application
- The Workspace – The “main menu” of the system – this is where you can find all your data and tools
- The Forms Collection – When you open an item from the Header or Workspace areas, a new tab is created in the Forms Collection. You can go back to any open tab by simply clicking on it.
Find out more about each area below.
The Header area contains the following items:
|Application Menu – Click to display a collection of commonly used items and features.|
|Quick Access Toolbar – Quick access to commonly used features including New Case, Open Item, Refresh and Getting Started.|
|Timezone Selector – Click to select a different timezone. All dates and times in the system will be displayed according to the selected timezone|
|Logout Button – Click to log out of the system|
|Help Button – This opens up a help panel on the right side of the forms area and shows the help topic for the currently selected tab. The help topic will automatically change whenever the current form tab changes.|
The Workspace lists all of the forms and features that are included in your Security Role, which is determined by your subscription level and your role in your company. Depending on which features are enabled for your Security Role you may see some or all of the items shown here. If your Workspace looks different, that’s probably OK, but if you have a question contact your company’s System Administrator.
The Workspace is divided into different groups that work like an “Accordion” in that as you expand one group, the others collapse (I don’t know if that’s really how an accordion works, but you get the idea).
Feel free to explore your Workspace to see what is there. As you click on each item a new tab will be opened up in the Tabs Collection (see below).
The Forms Collection
Any open forms appear as tabs at the top of the Forms Collection. Its called a “Collection” because as you open more and more forms from the Accordion you can develop quite a collection. When you are ready to clean house, right click on a tab to close it or close all of the tabs except for the current form. You can also click on the little “x” to the far right of the Tabs Collection to close the current form. Forms fall into one of three categories:
- Select Forms – a grid showing a list of items, such as “Cases” or “Work Orders”
- Standard Forms – shown to the right
- Non-Standard Forms – A specialized form that doesn’t fit the other categories. Examples include the “Dispatch Board” or “My Organization”
Standard Forms have three main sections:
|The Ribbon – holds commands organized into groups|
|The Link List – a list of features available for the form|
|The Tab Collection – shows all of the tabs for the currently selected link item|