Security Roles can contain one or more “Workspace Definitions”, which are what allows elements in GoServicePro to either display or be hidden. Definitions can be changed to display only for the user’s office, district, business unit, or company, which allows for granular access.
How to Edit Workspace Definitions
Once logged into the GoServicePro Administrator app, on the left menu, click on Application Admin and then Business Units. Select the business unit you want to edit and then click on “Security Roles”. This will bring up a list of each security role. Workspace definitions are unique to each security role.
Click on the Workspace Name you wish to edit and then click “Edit Permissions”. This will bring up a window where individual elements of the program can be edited. In this first screen, the name of the workspace and its description can be edited.
To edit an individual object, expand the left ‘tree’ and then click on the object you’d like to modify. On the right side of the screen you’ll see round circle icons next to each line item. In this example the circles are all green with white check marks.
Explanation of Terms
Each circle icon represents 1 of 7 possible states:
- Disabled – this hides the object from view
- User – this only shows the user their own data
- Office – this only shows the user data from the same office they are a member of
- District – this restricts the user to only see data from their own district
- Region – this restricts the user to only see data from their own region
- Business Unit – this restricts the user to only see data from their own business unit
- Enabled – this shows the user all data
To toggle through the different icon states, click the icon once per state. You can make the icons different for each line item. Once you’re ready to save your changes, click “Save” to make more changes or “Save and Close” if you’re done.
How to Test Your Changes
Login to GoServicePro with a user account associated with the security role workspace that was changed. Check to see if the changes you made are reflected in GoServicePro. For example, if you changed an object to “Disabled”, they should no longer see that object in the system.